On a beautiful sunny day, June 8th, I had the opportunity to run a booth with Miss Five Boroughs, Kate Perkins at the annual Flatbush Farmshare. We were able to talk about her platform on the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. We were able to get signatures to get congress to ban products that use toxic ingredients. Make-up that we put on our face should be safe, not toxic!

For more information about Kate's platform you can visit her website:

                                                   www.missfiveboroughs2011.com



I was also able to have a mini interview with the cameraman, Dave to talk about my platform, Y.E.S-Youth Engaged in Service. Where through out my year of service I have been encouraging other teens like me to give back to their community. One thing I always keep in mind "Teens who engage in service are less likely to be involved in sexual promiscuity,  take part in gang violence, or be abused by drugs. So why not engage in service?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment